LAY-FOMM 40 is an exciting and new innovation from the creator of LAYBRICK and LAYWOO-D3. We are proud to offer the newest experimental filament from inventor Kai Parthy. LAY-FOMM 40 is best characterized as foamy and very porous. This material is made from a rubber-elastomeric polymer and a PVA-component. That means that part of this filament is water soluble. Once you rinse this material in water, the PVA component disappears and the rubber polymer remains as your micro-porous object. LAY-FOMM 40 is ideal for soft rubber-like applications, such as bendable suits and sponge-like objects, ink-reservoirs, bio-cells, micro-foam and elastics. LAY-FOMM 40 comes in a .25kg package.
After finishing your print you will notice that the material is strong and rigid. However, rinse the print with water then your object becomes micro-porous & elastic. This is ideal for printing soft and flexible rubber like objects. This material is very soft and has a shore hardness of A40. To get full flexibility from your print you should leave the printed object sitting in tap water for 1-4 days.
So what's the difference between LAY-FOMM 40 and LAY-FOMM 60? Good question - LAY-FOMM 60 has a shore hardness of A60 and is slightly firmer than LAY-FOMM 40 which has a shore hardness of A40. Both materials are very flexible and only have a difference in shore hardness. These materials are identical with the exception of shore hardness.
We recommend printing LAY-FOMM 40 between 220°-230°C. However, remember that each printer is slightly different so you may need to increase or decrease the temperature by 5°C until your print looks perfect!
LAY-FOMM 40 part of the new PORO-LAY series which also includes LAY-FOMM 60 and GEL-LAY. The PORO-LAY series is made by taking two different materials such as an Elastomer (rubberlike substance) and then blending that substance with a soluble component such as PVA. So after rinsing your print in water the PVA component dissolves and the print is then flexible and porous.FAST FACTS ABOUT LAY-FOMM 40
- After printing rinse with water to create an object that is micro-porous & elastic
- Optimal for printing soft rubber objects
- Shore hardness of A40
- Print between 220°-230°C
- Filament comes in a .25kg package
- Polymer components of LAY-FOMM 40 are harmless and foodsafe.
- Store filament dry / if wet after time > dry it in oven at 80° for some hours.
- POROLAY filaments are dedicated for experimental use. This is bleeding edge filament so start with an open mind!
- All filaments after printing are stiff and unbreakable and printable with standard home-printers (repraps)
- All objects are hot-sealable after drying
- Micro-porous means micrometer-dimensions! Pores are not visible to naked eyes.
- All POROLAY-objects can be filled not only with water, try to use emulsions of oil, glycerine, inks, salty solutions, or ionic liquids to make it conductive!
- you may print without heated bed
- the objects have near zero warp (deformation while printing)
- Design rules: print less walls/shells and less filling % to shorten rinsing time
Betaling en beveiliging
Je betalingsgegevens worden veilig verwerkt. We slaan geen gegevens op en hebben geen toegang tot uw gegevens.