PA (Polyamide) is an engineering plastic, characterised by its great resistance to impact and able to work continuously at a temperature of up to 120 ºC for an extended period of time. Its semi-flexible behaviour derives from a semicrystalline structure, which impart strength and durability, best suited for the most demanding technical applications. A low coefficient of friction allows for a short-term use in contact with moving parts.
Compatibility: All BCN3D Printers.
- Strong and flexible parts
- Structural components exposed to a harsh environment
- Parts demanding high fatigue endurance
- Bearings, nuts, rivets, washers and gears
- Cams, rollers, snap-fit joints and sliding components
- Plugs, connectors, jigs and fixtures
- Electronic covers and tool handles
- Exceptional impact resistance and good strength
- Low friction coefficient
- High abrasion resistance
- Thermal resistance (upt to 120ºC)
- Good resistance to oil and alkali
- Strongly hygroscopic
- Thermomechanical properties dependent on environmental humidity
High-performance material with flexible applications
PA is a technical and competent material with an excellent impact strength and elongation at break. However, all this impact strength is compensated by a low level of stiffness that allows flexible applications.
High abrasion resistant
Nylon is abrasion resistant due its low friction coefficient and It is a good choice for end-use durable parts
Parts demanding high fatigue endurance
Nylon is ideal for strong and flexible parts demanding high fatigue endurance
How to print
For BCN3D Cura users:
Get a proper printing profile for PA using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Cura. Download the latest version of BCN3D Cura.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo PA.
- Store it in an airtight container with desiccant.
- Dry filament before printing. Place it in an oven or in a dehydrator at 50ºC for 6 to 8 hours
- Enclosure is required for BCN3D Sigma and Sigmax printers.
Betaling en beveiliging
Je betalingsgegevens worden veilig verwerkt. We slaan geen gegevens op en hebben geen toegang tot uw gegevens.